Re: let's promote localizations

From: Andrzej Pruszynski (abi@rth.coi.waw.pl)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 18:38:28 GMT

    On Tue 12. March 2002 17:21, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    > On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 11:21, Andrzej Pruszynski wrote:
    > > I am informing you that I am going to register Polish domain
    > > www.abiword.pl for promoting the Polish localization of AbiWord.
    > > I would like to support the Polish localization by maintaining a web page
    > > in Polish, printing tutorial for Polish users of AbiWord etc.

    > This is a great idea. Please tell us about your own domain names, and
    > we'll link to them from the main site.
    For now there is nothing to link. All work is underground. But OK, I will
    inform you about running the Polish page.

    > What I would like to see:
    > * Useful translated information for AbiWord users
    > * Tutorials, help pages, other useful information
    Of cource.

    > What I do not want to see:
    > * Dilution or misuse of the AbiWord trademarks
    Of cource. I read Trademark Guidelines and I have them in my mind and my
    heart.

    > However, if you *REALLY* want to help out polish AbiWord users, you
    > would go check out the abiword-docs module from CVS and translate the
    > excellent help files that David Chart and others have worked on. They're
    > really useful, professional-grade documentation. The documentation is
    > mostly done, but there aren't any translations of them!
    I update all files from CVS from time to time.

    I am preparing to switch my deparment to more stable software. All of you
    know what does it mean :-). And I found you as an alternative to msWord. I
    joined with dev-community in January, and this year 'strings' is my favourite
    file :-).
    I think that AbiWord ver.2 (with tables and equations) will be great. And
    more: all languages, all platforms, all directions, all freedom...
    Beautiful idea... works, in practice.

    Andrzej