Re: Intention to release 0.99.3 this Friday.

From: Andrzej Pruszynski (abi@rth.coi.waw.pl)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 12:09:33 GMT

    On Wed 13. March 2002 12:26, sam th wrote:

    > > > For me it is clear: new features = more bugs.
    > > > And never ending story with bugs as ms.
    > >
    > > Ah, but you miss part of the issue here: we work on AbiWord because it's
    > > fun. Fixing bugs forever is not fun. We want to add new features too. So
    > > we have to make a 1.0 at some time, with warts and all, so we can again
    > > start to "implement bugs".
    > >
    > > You probably want to read
    > > http://abisource.com/support/expectations.phtml if you haven't already.
    >
    > What Jesper says is certainly right. But there's more to it than that.
    > What our users want is new features. The most voted-for bugs in
    > bugzilla are requests for new features. Those won't get implemented
    > before we release 1.0.

    I am not involved in source code and don't know, but estimate a risk.
    Sometimes new features build on unstable fundaments directs to a global
    crush. I am deeply with you. So, please take sharing my thoughts as my
    support, not against you.

    In every day life I love to find and kill my own "bugs" - not only for fun.

    Andrzej Pruszynski