Re: Intention to release 0.99.3 this Friday.

From: Andrzej Pruszynski (abi@rth.coi.waw.pl)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 11:50:21 GMT

    On Wed 13. March 2002 11:41, Jesper Skov wrote:
    > On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 11:33, Andrzej Pruszynski wrote:
    > > > We want to ship 1.0 soonish so we can start working on new features.
    > > > 1.0 will have plenty of known bugs, but hopefully it will have zero or
    > > > very few crasher bugs.
    > >
    > > For me it is clear: new features = more bugs.
    > > And never ending story with bugs as ms.
    >
    > Ah, but you miss part of the issue here: we work on AbiWord because it's
    > fun. Fixing bugs forever is not fun. We want to add new features too. So
    > we have to make a 1.0 at some time, with warts and all, so we can again
    > start to "implement bugs".
    >
    > You probably want to read
    > http://abisource.com/support/expectations.phtml if you haven't already.

    OK.
    But read
    http://abisource.com/awards/
    and
    http://abisource.com/reviews/
    and
    records of downloading.

    For me, personally, AbiWord has a great philosophy. All platforms, all
    languages, practically no limited plugins. So, a perfect engine = very fast
    jump in the future.

    But OK. It's up to you.
    I will work on localization as I promised - for FUN.

    But future... it's a pity to waste possibilities. But maybe I am wrong. Let
    it be. Probably you know better. Anyway I still stay with you.

    Andrzej Pruszynski

    PS.
    - What we really need?
    - Money? Coworkers? Developers?