Re: Intention to release 0.99.3 this Friday.

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 14:15:17 GMT

    On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Andrzej Pruszynski wrote:

    > For me, personally, AbiWord has a great philosophy. All platforms, all
    > languages, practically no limited plugins. So, a perfect engine = very fast
    > jump in the future.

    The engine needs major improvements to take us to the next level of
    features we want. The idea is to have stable, working program that is
    great at what it does. That will be the AbiWord 1.0 series. If people want
    a fast easy to use Word Processor for most common tasks, AbiWord 1.0x will
    do.

    > But OK. It's up to you.
    > I will work on localization as I promised - for FUN.
    >
    > But future... it's a pity to waste possibilities. But maybe I am wrong. Let
    > it be. Probably you know better. Anyway I still stay with you.

    We certainly will not waste opportunities. That is why we're branching out
    now. In any case I'm confident that our 1.0 release will be easily the
    most bug free we've made.

    > Andrzej Pruszynski
    >
    > PS.
    > - What we really need?
    > - Money? Coworkers? Developers?
    > - No, we need good ideas...

    We have *TONS* of good ideas! We get to start to implement tham after 1.0
    :-)

    Cheers

    Martin