Re: Cocoa version

From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 08:21:40 GMT

    On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Larry Kollar wrote:

    > On a whim, I grabbed the OSX 0.99.2 dmg.gz file. This is
    > a very short (necessarily so) review.
    >
    > First, if your intent is to install by dragging the folder
    > from the disk image to Applications -- GREAT! That's the
    > way it should be.
    >
    > Second, AbiWord fired up just fine but wouldn't open a
    > document window -- using New, Open, drag&drop, and
    > double-clicking a .abw document all gave the same result
    > (nothing).

    There seems to be some confusion here. A Cocoa version is in development
    but is not available for download. The MacOSX version on SourceForge,
    XAbiWord, is the Darwin-UNIX build customized for MacOSX, which requires
    XDarwin to be running.

    If you don't have XDarwin installed, please do so. It's very easy to
    install these days:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/xonx/

    I recommend you install OroborOSX as well:

    http://julia.et.ic.ac.uk/adrian/software/oroborosx/

    Starting OroborOSX will start XDarwin as well, and once XDarwin is running
    then XAbiWord should work.

    Regards, Frank

    Francis James Franklin
    F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

    "No, she really likes me. She told me I look like Britney Spears, and why
    would you say that to somebody you don't like?"
                                                               --- Elle Woods