Re: Cocoa version

From: Larry Kollar (kollar@alltel.net)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 14:37:39 GMT

    F J Franklin wrote:

    > There seems to be some confusion here. A Cocoa version is in development
    > but is not available for download. The MacOSX version on SourceForge,
    > XAbiWord, is the Darwin-UNIX build customized for MacOSX, which requires
    > XDarwin to be running.

    Then what is...
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/abiword/XAbiWord-0.99.2-1.dmg.gz
    ??

    > If you don't have XDarwin installed, please do so. It's very easy to
    > install these days:

    I installed the rootless server through fink last night.

    > I recommend you install OroborOSX as well:
    >
    > http://julia.et.ic.ac.uk/adrian/software/oroborosx/
    >
    > Starting OroborOSX will start XDarwin as well, and once XDarwin is running
    > then XAbiWord should work.

    Sounds good. I'm grabbing OroborOSX now, and looking forward to seeing
    the Cocoa version working. :-)

    --
    Larry Kollar   k o l l a r  at  a l l t e l . n e t
    "Content creators are the engine that drives value in the