Debian build problems.

From: Andy G. Wood (agw@bas.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 06:21:22 EST

    Building the last/latest tagged AbiWord 0.99.3 on Debian stable and Debian
    testing using:

       make distribution ABI_DIST_TARGET=deb

    gives a problem with dictionaries:

       "Could not load the dictionary for the en-US language"

    or if I edit my AbiWord.Profile:

       "Could not load the dictionary for the en-GB language"

    This has been around for a little while (just not got around to saying
    anything), and is probably due to the Debian symbolic linking of ispell
    .hash files not being quite right now? If I understood more I would post
    a fix, but as I don't here's just a report :-)

    Is there a way of building .deb's for the plugins?

    Andy.

    PS. I am willing to share my .deb's with anybody who wants them, I
    usually build from the latest CVS every day.