Cross compiling, tboxen, and the forgotten ones

From: Blue Lizard (webmaster@dofty.zzn.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 22:47:33 EST

    1) Which oses don't currently have anyone building abi (on a current
    basis) for them?

    2) How much work must be done to make the code base as it stands now
    build smoothly for those oses?

    3) Can abi be cross compiled by an ix86 for one or more of these
    forgotten ones? I got a box here just dyin' to do this if possible.

    You see, now that debian has a very good abi maintainer (mhatta the
    great, who sends nightlies/bi-nightlies or so to sid), and stampede
    users are diminishing quickly...well, this box and I are useless.

    I would turn it into a full fledged tinderbox, but my internet
    connection is down more than up lately, making for a rather useless
    tinderbox. Still, if I can start some sort of build every time I walk
    by the box, the warmth of the cpu (no case) and the churning noises of
    the hd swapping like mad (48M of ram...=P) make me feel productive.

    Anyways...
    -MG

    --
    ATT BROADBAND MUST DIE