Re: Fwd(2): AdiWord sous AIX

From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 05:25:50 EST

    I will translate that to English and make a short reply to the list for
    info. I'll reply to them (ie IBM France) more deeply...

    Hello,

    I'm looking, for one of my customers, for an alternative to Excel/Word
    Office suite.

    I have seen AbiWord [spelling corrected]
    My customer being oriented on "big AIX servers" (3 RS/6000 servers under
    HACMP), it would like that the office software operate in that
    environment.

    Can you tell me if the product has been ported to AIX (version 4.3 or
    5.1) ?
    Have you tried (with success ?) in a thin client environment ?

    Thanks in advance

    > Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:45:34 +0100
    > From: Marcel GUERY <marcelguery@fr.ibm.com>
    > To: undisclosed-recipients:;
    > To: ChrisDigo@aol.com
    > Subject: AdiWord sous AIX
    > d06lmsgate-2.uk.ibm.com id IAA21892
    >
    > Bonjour,
    >
    > Je suis à la recherche, pour un de mes clients, d'une solution
    > "bureautique" alternative à Word/Excell.
    >
    > J'ai bien vu AdiWord.
    > Mon client ayant plutot une orientation "gros serveurs sous AIX" ( trois
    > serveurs RS6000 sous HACMP ), Il souhaiterait que la bureautique
    > fonctionne sous cet environnement.
    >
    > Pouvez-vous me dire si ce produit a été porté sous AIX ( Version 4.3 ou
    > 5.1 ) ?
    > Avez-vous eu des essais ( et des réussites ) dans un environnment
    > "client léger" ?
    >

    > Je vous remercie par avance pour tout renseignement complémentaire.

    AbiWord has been ported to AIX long time ago, but currently it no longer
    compiles. We have no hardware to check that problem on and nobody did
    provide any patch.

    As for thin client environment there as issues, but nothing that could
    not be solved AFAIK.

    Hub