Re: what gives?

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 21:02:57 EST

    On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:

    > On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 11:03, j.m.maurer wrote:
    > > Small proposal: when the 1.0.0 rpms are due, why don't you build them,
    > > put them on savannah as you've always done and then I take the some of
    > > the load of you by putting them on SourceForge... everybody happy :)
    >
    > Marc, that would be nice, but that's not the problem.

    Thank Marc.

    > The problem was that I did a lot of work, and was (now obviously)
    > intentionally ignored without so much as a word.

    What garbage. We talked about this on IRC. I told you exactly what I would
    do. You've known for *ages* that I don't like doing the savanaagh ->
    sourceforge transfer. Since Marc had already done the rpm production and
    placed them on sourceforge, why would you even *think* I'd delete them and
    do all the extra work of putting your in their place? I let everyone know
    the state of the binary production during a gruelling 36 hour shift. I
    asummed you made your rpm's for your own personal reasons. Fine.

    We've made it abundantly clear for a long time that we will continue to
    use sourceforge.net and there a number of reasons why we would not put an
    alternative download site in the release notes. I told you I wouldn't do
    this too.

    Finally I have strong motivation for getting releases done quickly. The
    sooner they are done the sooner I can get to hacking. I have a precious
    amount of time right now where I don't have large teaching duties and I
    want to make the best use of it.

    Sincerely and very annoyed.

    Martin