Re: what gives?

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 05:56:45 EST

    On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 02:02, Martin Sevior wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
    > > The problem was that I did a lot of work, and was (now obviously)
    > > intentionally ignored without so much as a word.
    > What garbage. We talked about this on IRC. I told you exactly what I would
    > do.

    That's not true. You didn't say anything but suggesting I post on the
    gnotices story.
    As for 0.99.2 you congratulated me on my work and then completely
    ignored me, just as you've ignored me now.

    > You've known for *ages* that I don't like doing the savanaagh ->
    > sourceforge transfer.

    That's also not true. I've known it since you complained in this thread.

    > Since Marc had already done the rpm production and
    > placed them on sourceforge, why would you even *think* I'd delete them and
    > do all the extra work of putting your in their place? I let everyone know
    > the state of the binary production during a gruelling 36 hour shift. I
    > asummed you made your rpm's for your own personal reasons. Fine.

    What I think is that you disregard completely the need for signed
    software. I did a MORE COMPLETE set of rpms, AND of SIGNED RPMS.

    > We've made it abundantly clear for a long time that we will continue to
    > use sourceforge.net

    DO NOT try to induce anyone into thinking that I said to abandon
    sourceforge towards savannah.

    > and there a number of reasons why we would not put an
    > alternative download site in the release notes.

    Because of a COMPLETE FALSE MOTIVE. Users cannot and will not be
    confused because of having an alternative download site. That's complete
    BS.

    > I told you I wouldn't do
    > this too.

    I... I... I... now I get it. It's not the false motive. Its you. The
    false motive is just an excuse, is it? I don't believe in this, let's
    become human again, ok?

    > Finally I have strong motivation for getting releases done quickly. The
    > sooner they are done the sooner I can get to hacking. I have a precious
    > amount of time right now where I don't have large teaching duties and I
    > want to make the best use of it.

    BS. Adding a link for an alternative site for download does not add
    extra time. Even less time if you only point to
    http://savannah.gnu.org/download/abiword. That way you don't even have
    to change that part of the text.

    > Sincerely and very annoyed.

    You are annoyed? Damn, I am what? Jumping and singing?
    ^^^

    Regards, rms

    + So let's do it...?