Re: commit: 2865

From: David Chart (linux@dchart.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 13:23:57 EST

    On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 11:45, Tomas Frydrych wrote:

    > > Hack for bug 2865: if the bookmark name stats, don't add a #.
    > > CVS:
    > I wander if it would not be better to use something like file://... for
    > links to local files -- this would already be handled by UT_isURL()
    > [ut_string.cpp], which checks for "://".

    No, because the thing that we can't handle at the moment is relative
    linking. This is absolutely essential for the help files, as we have no
    way of knowing what the top level directory is going to be called, as it
    will vary between OSes.

    If the hack requires full filepaths (is that what stat means?) then it
    doesn't actually address the bug.

    --
    David Chart