RE: abiword-0.99.3: ispell_checker.cpp:327: cannot convert .. on hp- ux 11.00

From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 10:19:46 EST

    > but I didnīt understand, why hpux 10.20 works with the external GNU snprintf
    > ?

    Because hpux 10.20 didn't supply its own snprintf, so you set up the
    build system so that GNU snprintf's definition was found (and correct,
    for that matter). Now you're running into another problem - hpux 11.0
    decided to include a snprintf function in its library. But the damn
    fools gave it the wrong prototype.

    SO:

    1) Problem 1 - using the HP/UX snprintf won't work because it takes a
    char * format string instead of a const char * format string. Bad HP/UX
    programmers. I forbid you to merge with Compaq...

    2) Problem 2 - using the GNU snprintf on HP/UX 11.0 won't work because
    now there are 2 definitions of the same function. This is a compiler
    error.

    So HP/UX basically just screwed you by doing a half-assed job when
    including a snprintf function in their library. Sorry.

    > PS: what is bitch-slap ?

    Annoy and pester them in a rude way until they do what you want them to.

    Dom