Font dialogue problems / GUI issues

From: Ismo J. Makinen (ism@sci.fi)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 17:04:44 EST

    Font dialogue problems / GUI issues

    These problems/features are present using AbiWord
    0.99.3 release version for Windows (Win95B)

    1. Sub- and superscript are in Format/Text Formatting submenu.
    However, they are not part of the Format/Font dialogue.
    Other Format/Text Formatting commands (Bold, Overline etc.)
    are there.

    Wouldn't it be more consistent that they are also in the
    Font dialogue? Another reason, purely personal, is that
    MS Word has them in the Font dialogue, and I am used to that
    behavior. I know this is duplicated work, but at least it would
    be consistent work.

    2A. Format/Font dialogue has several problems. There is
    Small Caps effect. I can't activate (check) it. It is grayed out.
    I tried the usual fonts, ie. Times New Roman, Arial and several others.
    Should it work?

    2B. Format/Font Sample (Preview window) shows me Strikeout and
    Underline effects. However, it doesn't show me Topline,
    Bottomline or Overline effects.

    Should I file bug reports/RFE?

    --
    Ismo Mäkinen