Re: [AbiCalc] Spreadsheet proposal

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Sat Mar 23 2002 - 11:04:07 EST

    On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 23:13, Alan Horkan wrote:
    > Im offering 20 Euro for someone to start a Spreadsheet project as part of
    > the Abiword project/Abisource framework.

    Why not use gnumeric?
    That way, the effort would consist more of making gnumeric xp than of
    reinventing yet one wheel, specially when we have such a good one as
    gnumeric.

    The only things I immediately recall that fail to meet your proposal
    are:
      1. xp
      2. no embedded objects on abi.

     1. would benefit many more than just us
     2. is needed for abiword and is one of the targets for post 1.0

    Hugs, rms

    + So let's do it...?