commit: 2990

From: Patrick Lam (plam@plam.lcs.mit.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 03:19:31 EST

    Here's your fix, hub.

    cheesy hack to fix 2990
    CVS:
    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS:
    CVS: Modified Files:
    CVS: src/af/xap/unix/xap_UnixFont.cpp
    CVS: src/af/xap/unix/xap_UnixPSGraphics.cpp

    The problem was that the .afm file for our fonts uses Adobe glyph
    names, while we use Unicode to store our characters. There's a method
    which does adobe to unicode translation. Unfortunately, it's not
    completely correct, because it assumes that the mapping is 1 to 1.
    Unfortunately, the mapping is not 1 to 1:

    http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/type/unicodegn.html#4

    This breaks down, most importantly, for the Adobe space glyph, which
    maps to Unicode 32 and 160. We weren't capturing the width of Unicode
    160, which resulted in it getting replaced with the no-width
    character (possibly bogus in itself, but that's another issue).

    Cheesy hack: When we read the width for unicode 32, also copy it to
    be the width for unicode 160.

    Pango, anyone?

    pat