Corrupt .abw files

From: Michiel Toneman (michiel@apenstaartje.nl)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 04:11:47 EST

    Hi all,

    I was enthousiastically using AbiWord 0.99 yesterday, opening an
    existing MS Word 2000 file and saving this as a .abw file. I was happily
    writing some text and changing things for about 30mins, saving
    regularly.

    I then closed AbiWord and tried to load the .abw file, and it claims
    that "File ..... is an invalid document". This behaviour also occurs if
    I just open the .doc and without changing a thing save as .abw. It seems
    to me that AbiWord should never ever write a corrupt file in its native
    file format (although I have seen MS Word do this). Any ideas how this
    can happen?

    Greetings,

    Michiel Toneman

    P.S. Last week I lost 3 hours of work when OpenOffice saved all the
    files I was working on in 0 bytes (how is that for compression). I've
    had it with word processors, back to good old vim and LaTeX for me....

    --
    @MSTERDAM /// VirTube
    Prins Hendrikkade 22 A/E

    PGP: http://public.apenstaartje.nl/keys/toneman.asc