Re: Corrupt .abw files

From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 04:48:46 EST

    On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 10:11, Michiel Toneman wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I was enthousiastically using AbiWord 0.99 yesterday, opening an
    > existing MS Word 2000 file and saving this as a .abw file. I was happily
    > writing some text and changing things for about 30mins, saving
    > regularly.
    >
    > I then closed AbiWord and tried to load the .abw file, and it claims
    > that "File ..... is an invalid document". This behaviour also occurs if
    > I just open the .doc and without changing a thing save as .abw.

    Can you also please attach the problematic .doc file, or post a link to
    download it.

    It's pretty much impossible to solve these bugs without the original
    file.

    You'll got bonus points if you also log a bug in bugzilla with the
    abiword file, the word one, and the exact version of AbiWord you're
    using (0.99.what?)... :)

    Cheers,

    --
    Joaquin Cuenca Abela