Re: Corrupt .abw files

From: Michiel Toneman (michiel@apenstaartje.nl)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 05:19:32 EST

    On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 10:48, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:
    > On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 10:11, Michiel Toneman wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I was enthousiastically using AbiWord 0.99 yesterday, opening an
    > > existing MS Word 2000 file and saving this as a .abw file. I was happily
    > > writing some text and changing things for about 30mins, saving
    > > regularly.
    > >
    > > I then closed AbiWord and tried to load the .abw file, and it claims
    > > that "File ..... is an invalid document". This behaviour also occurs if
    > > I just open the .doc and without changing a thing save as .abw.
    >
    > Can you also please attach the problematic .doc file, or post a link to
    > download it.

    Hi Joaquin,

    > It's pretty much impossible to solve these bugs without the original
    > file.

    I'm sorry, the file is confidential and I've been trying for the last 15
    minutes to delete the text from it, but it keeps crashing AbiWord when I
    get to certain areas of the text (this could be a related issue). So I'm
    afraid I can't post this. I'll try to find some time today to go to a
    'doze workstation and produce a bogus document that has the same
    problem.

    > You'll got bonus points if you also log a bug in bugzilla with the
    > abiword file, the word one, and the exact version of AbiWord you're
    > using (0.99.what?)... :)

    Hmmm, not much point filing a bug which the developers can't reproduce,
    but this is my version.

    [toneman@brulaap tmp]$ rpm -qi abiword
    Name : abiword Relocations: (not
    relocateable)
    Version : 0.99.3 Vendor: Ximian, Inc.
    Release : 1.ximian.1 Build Date: Mon 18 Mar 2002
    23:37:01 CET
    Install date: Mon 25 Mar 2002 16:53:57 CET Build Host: boris
    Group : Applications/Office Source RPM:
    abiword-0.99.3-1.ximian.1.src.rpm
    Size : 14402362 License: GPL

    Greetings,