Re: commit: AbiPaint plugin

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 13:22:47 EST

    Thinking out loud ...
    just to make some usuability suggestions

    perhaps the label
    'Specify image editor...'
    should be 'Open with...' or 'Edit with...'
    to be more consistant with the windows interface.

    AbiPaint is a good name for the plugin but im not sure it is the ideal
    name for the context menu (but i cannot really think of a better one at
    the moment).
    I am always worried about burying things in a submenus. While i think the
    ability to change the image editor i wonder if it would not be better to
    simply optimize for the most frequent use case and simply have an edit
    image menu item (no submenu) and instead put an option to configure the
    plugin somewhere else maybe in the plugins dialog.

    The current method is fine, but i am always looking to see if there is a
    better way or if it is worth reorganising to hide unnecessary complexity.

    Sincerely
    Alan