Re: Albanian strings almost ready.

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 10:53:44 EST

    I concur, you wont need to translate most of those strings.

    In case you are wondering BCC: means 'Blind Carbon Copy' and is used in
    Email, and it means send a Carbon Copy (CC:) of the message except that
    they dont get to know who else besides them recieved the message.

    For example i BCC'ed the Abiword list, but from your copy of the email
    there is no information, no way for you to know it.

    On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, Christian Biesinger wrote:

    > All of them except Piece Table. BCC can probably be left untranslated
    > as well.

    > > msgid "Hand List"
    > > msgstr ""
    >
    > Not sure what this is used for, should be in the Lists dialog but I
    > can't find it there.

    This is just yet another list that uses symbol that looks like a hand

    > Small Caps is the format where all letters are displayed in upper case,
    > but the "real" upper case letters get a larger font. (technically, maybe
    > the lower case get a smaller instead, don't know)

    to rephrase:
    SMALL CAPS is like ALL CAPS only the CAPITAL LETTERS are slightly larger.
    Try it and see.

    > > msgid "no proofing"
    > > msgstr ""
    >
    > This is from the language selection dialog (I think). If "no proofing"
    > is selected, no spellchecking will be done.

    proof reading is when you read through a document and check for mistakes
    so 'no proofing' means dont try and spellcheck this.

    > > #. DLG_Unit_pico
    > > #: po/tmp/xap_String_Id.h.h:461
    > > msgid "pica"
    > > msgstr ""
    >
    > Pica is a typographic unit. http://www.dtp-aus.com/typo/pointsys.shtml
    > explains it.

    it is a word that comes from latin, i doubt it needs to be translated.