commit: stable: msvc5 build fix (make tinderbox green again?)

From: Kenneth J.Davis (jeremyd@computer.org)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 05:29:50 EST

    CVS:
    CVS: Committing in .
    CVS:
    CVS: Modified Files:
    CVS: Tag: ABI-1-0-0-STABLE
    CVS: xap_Win32LabelledSeparator.cpp
    better fix for MSVC 5 and CallWindowProc's 1st parameter WNDPROC vs FARPROC

    Ok, CallWindowProc 1st parameter is either a WNDPROC or a FARPROC
    depending on if STRICT is defined or not when winuser.h is included
    (via windows.h, not directly). It seems VC5 defaulted to not STRICT
    here and VC6 defaulted to STRICT here (or some such), so the line
    with CallWindowProc would work on one but not the other compiler
    (note, the function we get the WNDPROC from appears to return a WNDPROC
    with both VC5 and VC6). So for now my 'fix' is to define
    STRICT before including the prototype for CallWindowProc, which works on
    my dev box's VC 5&6. Theoretically a similar fix should be applied
    to HEAD, but I generally consider VC 6 now the minimal compiler required
    for it (though with a little work and an updated platform SDK, VC 5
    probably can still compile HEAD, just not all its plugins).
    Whereas I consider VC 5 to still be the minimal compiler for
    stable (even though it still can't compile some of the plugins).

    While speaking of compiling, anyone who wants to compile HEAD on
    Windows [with MSVC] and doesn't already have cygwin installed (but
    doesn't everyone :-) may want to get just the minimal set,
    http://abiword.pchasm.org/source/ unix_tools.zip
    (This only works for head because ./configure stuff requires more programs.)

    Jeremy