AbiWord Weekly News #118 (2002, week 46) released

From: ericzen (ericzen@ez-net.com)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 04:58:21 EST

    Number 118 has a nice variation on theme! Lots of news!

    http://www.abisource.com/news

    -Zen

    Remember when I did this all that time;o) :

          Great week for news! First, Mark is already tagging pre-releases for 1.0.4! If you want to know what's different, visit the Release HackDown And if you're in the gtk2 world and are just dying to test out the next developer's release, feel free to keep your eyes peeled for the upcoming 1.1.2. You may have noticed 1.1.1 didn't really go anywhere (not even in links on SourceForge), but 1.1.2 will be very pleasing, especially printing with XFT (i.e. it's there now!).

          On the subject of news, Salon writer, Andrew Leonard (pic) wrote a nice story about AbiDevelopment, AbiWord up (properly cornied title, mind you). Next week, a very temporary edition to the AWN, polls shall exist for the purpose of seeing what most of you want to see layed out.

          Matthew Craig, possibly the most active QA helper in the Abiverse, has a nice new POW for you. It's quite simply you following a set of instructions, taking an hour or two out of your day, and reporting back. Also, this week (possibly only), you'll find bugs in a more simplified format, just to see how you might like it.

          And remember, I give you an email address so you can talk to me, in case you're not on ither mailing list.