Re: AbiWord Weekly News #118 (2002, week 46) released

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 13:46:39 EST

    On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, ericzen wrote:

    > Remember when I did this all that time;o) :
    >
    > Great week for news! First, Mark is already tagging
    > pre-releases for 1.0.4! If you want to know what's different, visit
    > the Release HackDown And if you're in the gtk2 world and are just
    > dying to test out the next developer's release, feel free to keep your
    > eyes peeled for the upcoming 1.1.2. You may have noticed 1.1.1 didn't
    > really go anywhere (not even in links on SourceForge), but 1.1.2 will
    > be very pleasing, especially printing with XFT (i.e. it's there now!).
    >
    > On the subject of news, Salon writer, Andrew Leonard (pic) wrote
    > a nice story about AbiDevelopment, AbiWord up (properly cornied title,

    Nice article.

    > mind you). Next week, a very temporary edition to the AWN, polls
    > shall exist for the purpose of seeing what most of you want to see
    > layed out.

    > Matthew Craig, possibly the most active QA helper in the
    > Abiverse, has a nice new POW for you. It's quite simply you following

    Broken link: The link goes to
    http://www.abisource.com/information/news/2002/pow4
    and i deduced (i guessed, without looking at the source)
    that you meant
    http://www.abisource.com/information/news/2002/awn118.phtml#pow4

    > And remember, I give you an email address so you can talk to me,
    > in case you're not on ither mailing list.

    "Real Soon Now TM"

    It must already be TM'ed by some one.
    I think Gnome use it for a newsletter/status report (i forget what it was
    exactly) and it is also at risk of becoming the name of the next Gnome
    release.

    Google gave me this:
    http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/Real-Soon-Now.html

    Another great addittion of Abiword Weekly News, thanks Eric.

    Sincerely
    Alan Horkan