Re: [AbiWord] Fwd: Removing extra codes

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 09:02:44 EST

    On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, F J Franklin wrote:

    > On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Martin Sevior wrote:

    > > > This is in fact our oldest out-standing bug...
    > >
    > > Hmm, well I guess it could be fixed on the abw exporter by just comparing
    > > the indexAP of the current span to the previous span. If the index's are
    > > identical don't write out character properties or close the previous span,
    > >
    > > Anyone care to take this on?
    >
    > I offered to do this recently - but it fixes the symptom, not the cause.
    > The offer stands, however.

    Sure go ahead. The cause of this effect are simply two frags in a row with
    identical properties. I guess we could be aggressive about merging runs in
    the piecetable but it's not a performance I think. The main problem are
    these extra tags in the abw file. If they're removed the next time the doc
    is imported we'll get one frag again.

    Cheers

    Martin