Re: win-AbiWord and Keyman - keyboard handling

From: Jordi Mas (jmas@softcatala.org)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 18:03:23 EST

    En/na danglassey@ntlworld.com ha escrit:

    > Hi,
    > Another message from the conference. It was mentioned here that stable
    > AbiWord doesn't work with Keyman (www.tavultesoft.com) which:
    > Keyman is a program which enables you to use your existing keyboard to type
    > in other languages by remapping the character keys and substituting your
    > chosen script. Keyman particularly provides a solution for languages which
    > require a more sophisticated keyboard layout than letter-for-letter
    > substitutions.
    >
    > I see Jordi has recently modified the win32 keyboard code but haven't had a
    > chance here to try it out. I'm going to try when I get home the week after
    > next to fix it but just wanted to let you know in case anyone has any ideas.

    Unfortunally the old win32 keyboard was not very standard. I think that we
    should be supporting all these applications not. If we are not, please fill a
    bug report and I will look into this, since I'm quite familiar now with the
    Abiword win32 keyboard stuff.

    Best Regards,

    --

    Jordi Mas http://www.softcatala.org