Re: commit: refactored frame code

From: William Lachance (william.lachance@sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 18:56:15 EST

    On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 12:22, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

    > Almost what I want although I would have name the class "Impl" and not
    > "Helper" because it really is the implementation. But never mind. That
    > is just being nitpicky.

    Sounds like a good change to me. Not sure why I didn't do this
    initially, come to think of it. I will do this.

    > > The good news: This will ultimately result in less duplicated code (I
    > > haven't started placing platform-independant abi frame code into
    > > AP_Frame class, I will soon!) and better model-view-controller
    > > seperation (it should be somewhat easier to grok the frame code when
    > > this is all finished).
    >
    > YUM. Now the game is to intermix Cocoa Obj-C MVC model with Abi C++ MVC
    > model for the Cocoa port. Fun thing.

    Are there any particular considerations/requirements for the XP layer
    that I should keep in mind?

    > > Overall, I think this is a win. I will continue to polish the XP and
    > > UNIX code to make it better. I will need help from platform maintainers
    > > to bring the Win32/QNX code to this new system.
    > >

    > Perhaps we can close that "early" (aka 3 digits) bug soon :-)
    >
    > Will, I'm 100% with you and will try to follow the UNIX implementation.

    A MacOS X port would be uber-cool. Glad to see we're one step closer to
    this goal.

    Cheers,

    --
    William Lachance <william.lachance@sympatico.ca>