Re: Commit: Dragging images around works (sort-of)

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 14:11:58 EST

    On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

    > Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:54:39 -0800 (PST)
    > From: Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz@yahoo.com>
    > To: Alan Horkan <horkana@tcd.ie>
    > Subject: Re: Commit: Dragging images around works (sort-of)
    >

    > Alan Horkan <horkana@tcd.ie> wrote:
    >

    > IMNSHO
    > ctrl+left button === right click !

    > In MSWord, ctrl+left button on an image makes a copy of the image and
    > drops it where you release the mouse button. I might be able to get
    > dragging around via the left mouse button alone and I'll look into
    > that when I get back from Thanksgiving holiday. Shift+left button is

    Happy thanksgiving.

    I am probably wrong on this, but what i want to do is get Gnome to state a
    policy and stick with it.

    I really love the consistancey on the Mac, but obviously the system used
    by Microsoft gives a little more power and flexibility but personally on
    principle i would think it was not worth the confusion.

    I'll see if i can take a look at MSWord on Mac maybe this Sunday.

    Sincerely
    Alan Horkan