Re: Windows clipboard patch

From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Sun Sep 01 2002 - 12:01:26 EDT

    Hi Jordi,

    > When you copy and paste a piece of text from Abiword it loses the language
    > information and other formatting info. This is a problem becuase it looses the
    > information in the application.

    This must be a windows-specific bug. What abiword on Unix does is:

    Post RTF data to the Clipboard
    Post XHTML data to the Clipboard
    Post Text data to the Clipboard

    On paste, we first look to see if there's RTF, then TXT. Soon we'll look
    for XHTML too.

    Now, RTF preserves language information and formatting information
    properly. Some languages might not be preserved properly, but that's
    only because not every ISO language tag maps to a Microsoft LID.

    Dom