Re: Numerous Cursor glitches, especially in Tables.

From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 17:37:08 EDT

    On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 17:18, Martin Sevior wrote:
    > Hi Folks,
    > Insert a table into abiword. Start typing text. Move the curosr to
    > the text you typed. and type some more. See little white lines appear of
    > your old text.

    I personally can't reproduce this. The "shadow cursor" that appears at
    the beginning of the line is a known problem by Pat and me.

    > Or fire up the merge cell dialog. Merge some cells. The cursor does weird
    > things and sometimes dissapears.

    The cursor disappearing is intentional, at least for now. The document
    technically doesn't have focus (AV_FOCUS_NONE) so therefore no cursor
    blinks when your mouse is over the modeless dialog (as opposed to being
    over the document). This is probably not ideal, but then again, it might
    be the right thing to do. This behavior is great, however, for modal
    dialogs (see bug "Cursor blinks in the presence of a modal dialog").

    BTW, tables do weird things to the document's integrity. So does
    frequent copy+paste of information. An example of such a table-related
    assert is:

    **** (5) Assert ****
    **** (5) pRun at ../../../../../abi/src/text/fmt/xp/fv_View.cpp:5197
    ****
    **** (5) Continue ? (y/n) [y] :

    **** (6) Assert ****
    **** (6) pPage at ../../../../../abi/src/text/fmt/xp/fv_View.cpp:6506
    ****
    **** (6) Continue ? (y/n) [y] : Killed

    **** (4) Assert ****
    **** (4) n<m_iCount at ../../../../../abi/src/af/util/xp/ut_vector.h:85
    ****
    **** (4) Continue ? (y/n) [y] :

    On IRC or privately I'll give you better instructions on how to
    reproduce these. It generally only involves some random typing,
    scrolling via the arrow keys, and/or cell merging.

    Dom