AbiWord Weekly News #107 (2002, week 35) released

From: ericzen (ericzen@ez-net.com)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 06:00:32 EDT

    Get it here:

    http://www.abisource.org/information/news/2002/awn106.phtml

    Beers,
    Eric

    In the beginning...:

    Site down, hacking not. Two downings of abisource since my first day! I'm beginning to feel like I'm bad luck! NYORP, the AbiServer, had run out of SWAP space, or that's what I can get from phearbear; hub didn't respond before the power cut out. The AWN has received some uniformity changes, plus what I thought was going to be easier code to look through for when I need to go back and clean something up.... My scrolling finger is tired! There's a special notice in Special Interests for those involved in other projects, and you'll find a brand-spankin'-new POW!

    Luckily, NYORP going down happened this week, so, I don't make the foolish mistake of mentioning it last week (belating the AWN really confuses me!). As you can guess by the Discussions, this has been a big week on the list and in the CVS! Many have committed some great work, code clean ups, module functionality; the CVS listing is a small treasure trove.

    Just a quick listing of things you'll find in this issue: mentions of 1.0.3, MergeCells, Font Preview, AbiWord in foreign lands, sensationalism, panic, MacDinkery, Nicolas Mercier, easiest POW yet, no lengthy article in tribute to a total lack of graph, Special Notice to other project developers and, YOUR FAVOURITE--screenshots (leaked earlier).