Re: ATTN: intent to release 1.1.0 based on CVS HEAD

From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 11:02:15 EDT

    On Saturday, September 7, 2002, at 07:04 AM, Martin Sevior wrote:

    > Also drag and drop files, images and URL's. Maybe we should make the
    > bare
    > GTK build handle all these things too?

    I was hoping to get much of this into the GTK+ build, though having the
    ability to use GNOME-VFS will help us much here. Some stuff will get
    implemented in the GTK+ only build. A superset of that will go into the
    GNOME build.

    >> 5) *Maybe* Bonobo container, so we can embed apps
    >
    > We need to think about file formats for this very nice feature.

    When the time comes :)

    >> 6) *Maybe* GConf
    >> 7) *Maybe* a nautilus view
    >
    > We should be able to do this without too much trouble. I just ran out
    > of
    > patience/time for 1.0.2 and since then Nautilus2 with a different
    > interface has come along.

    A nautilus view should be doable. There are some good examples now of
    how to do it. Using GConf shouldn't be too hard if we really want to.
    I'm not sure that we do.

    >> All things considered, our GNOME2 port will only involve a few ifdefs
    >> and a few additional files, instead of the massive beast that the
    >> gnome
    >> 1.4 port was.
    >>

    > I've been thinking about this. Does it make sence to port our
    > xap_UnixGnomeFrame and ap_UnixGnomeFrame as subclasses of the
    > UnixFrame's
    > or are you planning ifdefs inside the UnixFrame classes?

    ifdefs for now. I plan on having the GNOME2 port be substantially
    simpler than the GNOME 1.4 port code-wise. We'll get a better idea of
    what's needed when I start doing some of the work on this. Lots of CVS
    rm'ing at first ;-)

    Dom