Re: Hebrew in AbiWord (fwd)

From: Omer Zak (omerz@actcom.co.il)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 15:28:57 EDT

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 17:01:54 +0200
    From: Akavia <araka@netvision.net.il>
    To: omerz@actcom.co.il
    Subject: Re: Hebrew in AbiWord

    Shalom.

    It's great that you have the paitence for this. There are (at least) two
    projects which can make your life easier - they show you the original
    strings and let you translate, while using a GUI that isn't emacs (I
    realize that this can be interpeted as a plus or a minus depending on
    your state of mind).

    Gtranslator - http://www.gtranslator.org/ for GNOME 1.x
    Ktranslator - http://www.geocities.com/bilibao/ for KDE.

    I don't know exactly how they work, since I haven't used them, try
    installing them and see if they help.

    Yours,

    Uri David Akavia

    P.S. - Feel free to forward to the list, since I am not subscribed

    PPS - Is there a defined web page of standard translations (open, close,
    file...) so that translations are consistant?