Re: Hebrew in AbiWord (fwd)

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 22:56:16 EDT

     --- Alan Horkan <horkana@tcd.ie> wrote: >

    > On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Omer Zak wrote:
    >
    > > Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 22:28:57 +0300 (IDT)
    > > From: Omer Zak <omerz@actcom.co.il>
    > > To: AbiWord Developers <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
    > > Cc: araka@netvision.net.il
    >
    > > P.S. - Feel free to forward to the list, since I
    > > am not subscribed
    >
    > replied to all as you are not subscribed, hope no
    > one minds.
    >
    > > PPS - Is there a defined web page of standard
    > > translations (open, close, file...) so that
    > > translations are consistant?

    What you are talking about is usually called
    "translation memory". I have a feeling the .po file
    translators (KTranslator and GTranslator or something
    similar) have this feature. I'm not sure how you go
    about sharing translations with other projects. You'd
    have to read the docs for these programs since I've
    never used them, and if there are other Linux Hebrew
    translation efforts, ask the people there who've done
    it before.

    There is a website which may help:
    http://www.logos.it

    Andrew Dunbar.