Re:CVS modules

From: Kenneth J.Davis (jeremyd@computer.org)
Date: Sat Sep 14 2002 - 19:29:53 EDT

    Which platform are you using?

    Anyway, for Windows you need to get:

    For STABLE builds you need to checkout the following using something like
    cvs -z3 co -r ABI-1-0-0-STABLE %module%
    where %module is one of abi abidistfiles wv
    and optionally abiword-docs abiword-plugins
    and then you need to check out the following (on Windows, I think on some other
    platforms they may be shared libraries and so not required to get from cvs)
    that are shared between HEAD & STABLE using something like
    cvs -z3 co %module%
    where %module% is one of expat libiconv libpng psiconv zlib
    and on Windows nsis (the packager) and optionally MSVC (MS VC 6 project files).
    There may be other modules required for other platforms?

    Then for HEAD you would just use for all of them
    cvs -z3 co %module%
    where %module% is one of
    abi abidistfiles expat libiconv libpng nsis wv zlib popt fribidi
    with MSVC abiword-docs abiword-plugins optional, and one of the
    importer/exporter plugins will still require psiconv but not the main binary.
    [Of course some of the other plugins may have other dependencies as well.]

    As you can see, the main difference is HEAD does not require psiconv
    but now requires fribidi (its in abi for STABLE) and popt with some
    of the modules branched and some not.

    (If you look at the tinderbox logs I believe it will show you all this.)

    Hope this helps some.

    Jeremy Davis
    jeremyd@computer.org