Re: commit: Improvements to RTF table export.

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sat Sep 14 2002 - 17:49:35 EDT

    On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Caolan McNamara wrote:

    > On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 09:37:04 -0400, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    >
    > > OpenOffice has given up on their RTF work in favor of better DOC
    > > support. This is understandable, but unfortunate, as their product
    > > produces/consumes non-conformant RTF 1.2 while we do pretty-darn-good
    > > RTF 1.7.
    >
    > Just on this, I'm now maintaining the OpenOffice.org rtf as well as the
    > .doc, and while its lower priority alright, it has more life in it that
    > the last time the OpenOffice rtf issue was raised from abi developers.

    Hi Coalan,
            It's great to hear from you again. This is great news. I guess I'd
    better subscribe to a OO mailing list so I can raise inter-op issues there
    too.

    What are OO's plans for copy/paste text and images to the clipboard? Dom
    has recently added the ability to copy/paste XHTML and png images as well
    as RTF. We heard that png will be supported by the GIMP and XHTML will be
    supported by mozilla and evolution.

    What are OO plans? Are they platform dependent? ie use one format for
    windows and another for unix?

    Cheers

    Martin