Re: custom dictionaries

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 02:49:43 EDT

     --- ericzen <ericzen@EZ-NET.COM> wrote:
    > On 2002.09.16 01:11 Martin Sevior wrote:
    > > On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 02:45, Ed Agro wrote:
    > > > Is there any way to enable more than one custom
    > > > dictionary (custom.dic) in AbiWord 1.0.2? Or is
    > > > this something for later development? tia ed
    > > >

    > > We haven't implemented that yet. It's not hard but
    > > we just haven't got around to it.
    > >
    > > It would be a good POW, I'll cros post to the
    > > abiword-dev list.
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >

    > > Martin
    >

    > As I just said a few minutes ago in chat (though,
    > you may be doing it up now), feel free to outline,
    > and I'll put it up. Preferably within 45minutes if
    > you'd like it out today.

    One thing to watch out for is that we already need
    one standard custom dictionary per locale tag.
    At the moment if you have documents in French and
    German, every time you add a new they get added to
    the same dictionary. This ain't good.

    Maybe custom-fr-FR.dic, custom-de-DE.dic, etc?

    So this may or may not interact in some way a good
    multiple custom dictionary design and is worth keeping
    in mind.

    Andrew.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/translator.pl http://www.abisource.com