Re: Implementing support for barbarisms correction

From: Jordi Mas (jmas@softcatala.org)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 11:31:10 EDT

    > I have a problem with you implementing this. In my opinion, you should
    > create a separate dictionary (ca-ES+barbarism.hash or similar) if you
    > don't want the words to be marked as misspelled. If you want the
    > incorrect words to be replaced with correct ones, I suggest you write a
    > plugin to do this similar to our spellcheck dialog. I don't want this in
    > the main tree.

    Well, I think that we need a solution that marks the misspelled word and
    offers a replacement, since that what a user will expect from a spell checker.
    I do not think that we can do this using ispell since it just does not work
    that way.

    I see this an enhancement to the spell checking system and it most likely will
    take under 100 lines code. Any particular reason that makes you think that
    this is not appropriated for our main tree?

    Alan has suggesting that we can implement this as an enhanced custom.dic for
    every language. It makes sense to me. What do you think?

    Dom, I think that we should discuss this more a bit to see how good can it be
    for other languages, and finally if is not useful we move it to a plugin, but
    I think that is a bit early to say "I don't want this in the main tree.".

    Thanks Dom,

    --

    Jordi Mas http://www.softcatala.org