Re: Implementing support for barbarisms correction

From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 11:14:46 EDT

    On Sat, 2002-09-21 at 11:06, Jordi Mas wrote:
    > A common problem in Catalan language are barbarisms, they basically words that
    > are incorrect but that are widely use. One common reason for this to happen,
    > is because the areas were Catalan is spoken usually people also speak French
    > or Spanish, then people easily borrow words from other language to other.

    > Does anybody have a problem with me implementing this? Any other languages
    > were this can be useful?

    I have a problem with you implementing this. In my opinion, you should
    create a separate dictionary (ca-ES+barbarism.hash or similar) if you
    don't want the words to be marked as misspelled. If you want the
    incorrect words to be replaced with correct ones, I suggest you write a
    plugin to do this similar to our spellcheck dialog. I don't want this in
    the main tree.

    Cheers,
    Dom