Re: Implementing support for barbarisms correction

From: Kenneţur Krístjánsson (kenneth@gnu.org)
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 08:54:04 EDT

    Kćri vinur,

    In iceland people are grown up with using their own words. Because of
    this, it feels very natural to develop new words when needed. Often it
    is just a matter of using the grammar or reusing some words. For
    instance wife "kone" is just a part of the grammar for women.

    For information on Icelandic and the tradition:

    http://bella.mrn.stjr.is/utgafur/enska.pdf (English)
    http://bella.mrn.stjr.is/utgafur/franska.pdf (French)
    http://bella.mrn.stjr.is/utgafur/tyska.pdf (German)
    http://bella.mrn.stjr.is/utgafur/islenska.pdf (Icelandic)
    http://bella.mrn.stjr.is/utgafur/danska.pdf (Danish)

    If you are interested in seeing what english words are called in
    Icelandic, then this is a good link:

    http://www.ismal.hi.is/ob/index.en.html (Orđbanki íslenskrar málstöđvar)

    In Iceland people happily use their own words. - luckely for us that Old
    Norse still is alive and kicking, and not dead like for instance Latin.

    Bless bless.

    --
    Kenneţur Kristjánsson <kenneth@gnu.org>