Re: logos?

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 16:01:00 EDT

    On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Adam Scheinberg wrote:

    > Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 19:47:09 -0000 (GMT)
    > From: Adam Scheinberg <adam@flipsource.org>
    > To: webmaster@abisource.com
    > Subject: logos?

    > I use AbiWord frequently. I'm building a page on my website that will show
    > the different software I use and provide a link back to them. I wonder if
    > you guys have any sort of logo, icon, or catchy image with a "written in
    > AbiWord" or "Composed in AbiWord" or something like that.

    I am not sure if anyone bothered to produce buttons like
    that, although one of our users might have done, i just dont remember.
    Anyway Text links get more hits
    I suggest "Satisfied Abiword User" or something similarly gushing :)

    > I'm surprised to see your Windows versions still use the Preview 0.7 splash
    > screen. What's up with that?

    A minor oversight, it has been fixed. I think they have switched back to
    using the Ant artwork.

    > I love your app. Seriously - thanks to the team. It's fast, easy,
    > attractive, cross platform...you know. I store all my personal docs in ABW
    > format so no one (who doesn't know) can read them.

    Forwarding this message to the developers, people dont thank them often
    enough.

    If you dont want people reading your documents i would recomend
    encryption. ;)

    > Hey, what happened to the little ant? I miss him.

    I hate the ant, but the developers seem to like it.

    Sincerely
    Alan Horkan

    http://abisource.com
    http://gnome.org