Re: Templates and margins

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 19:05:45 EDT

    On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 07:11, Rich Shepard wrote:
    > I just tried to create a new template for envelopes. I used File -> New to
    > open a window, then I selected the paper size, "Envelope - commercial". Once
    > I changed the paper measurements to inches I saw that it was the right size.
    > I also made the orientation landscape rather than portrait.
    >
    > On the margins tab I ran into trouble. Tried making the left margin 0.3
    > inches, the top margin 0.3 inches and the other two margins 0.0 inches. When
    > I tried to save this definition a message box popped up and told me that the
    > margins were too large for that page. Huh? OK, I'll make them all 0.0
    > inches. Still too large. I've obviously missed something here and I'd
    > appreciate learning what it is.
    >
    > A possible bug then showed up. I used ctrl-w to close the one window (in
    > which I tried to create the new template), but both windows shut down and
    > the application was gone. I was under the impression that ctrl-q would do
    > this and ctrl-w would shut the one window, leaving the other open and
    > available.

    This is an extremely unfortunate bug that snuck into our builds. It
    works fine in our non-bidi directional builds.

    I'm very sorry about this bug. It occurred because of a misunderstanding
    from the development team about which binaries we would release for
    1.0.3.

    A solution is to download a binary from an alternative packager.

    Find them at:

    http://savannah.gnu.org/download/abiword/1.0.3/redhat/7.3/i386/

    Choose either gnome or gtk the non-bidi build.

    Sorry about that.

    Martin