Re: Slight problem adding Windows TTFs to Linux

From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr)
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 06:57:16 EDT

    Andrew wrote:

    > Hi Tomas. I've got a system again so hopefully I'll
    > be able to get stuck into the i18n work properly.
    >
    > I followed the excellent docs on setting up TTF fonts
    > and it worked mostly quite well.
    [snip]
    > the tool needs to be fixed.

    I'm not sure that it's worth it to keep working in these scripts. I guess
    that Xft will eventually became the default build once it's a bit more
    widespread.

    It's just too much to ask to the user to follow all that ritual (run
    scripts, check the extension, put it in the right directory, crop bad
    encodings from the fonts.* files, etc, etc).

    Cheers,