Slight problem adding Windows TTFs to Linux

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 01:18:51 EDT

    Hi Tomas. I've got a system again so hopefully I'll
    be able to get stuck into the i18n work properly.

    I followed the excellent docs on setting up TTF fonts
    and it worked mostly quite well.
    I did notice that either ttftool OR ttfadmin.sh didn't
    notice the many fonts with extension TTF in capitals.
    Writing a Perl script to convert them was easy but
    the tool needs to be fixed.
    Actually it could've been the fault of mkfontdir but
    a note in the docs will help.

    Where you say to remove all the lines not with
    ISO-8859-1 I couldn't tell if not doing so would cause
    problems or if it's just for tidying up. I actually
    wanted a UTF-8 locale so it was a bit hazy. I've now
    got just the ISO-10646-1 entries and that *seems* to
    work with either UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1 locale.

    Also we should mention the top lines of fonts.dir and
    fonts.scale where we should edit the number afterwards
    to avoid the warning dialog on AbiWord startup.

    Andrew.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/translator.pl http://www.abisource.com