Re: Trying to start hacking AbiWord

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 12:24:41 EDT

    On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, Omer Zak wrote:

    > Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 17:22:55 +0300 (EET DST)
    > From: Omer Zak <omerz@actcom.co.il>
    > To: AbiWord Developers <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
    > Subject: Trying to start hacking AbiWord
    >
    > Since I have, at last, a computer system ready for real work on AbiWord
    > (i.e. not only translating into Hebrew), I want to check out the
    > most recent code base.
    >
    > I visited the SourceForge page, but it tells me to check out a
    > "modulename". When browsing the CVS repository, I found no suitable
    > modulename/s, which would encompass enough of AbiWord source code for me
    > to be able to make an executable with BiDi support.
    >
    > There was also no mention how to choose between HEAD and STABLE branches
    > (are those the branches?).
    >
    > Can someone please enlighten me what to do?
    >
    > According to the SourceForge page, which I visited, the commands are:
    > cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.abiword.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/abiword login
    > cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.abiword.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/abiword co modulename

    http://abisource.com/developers/download.phtml

    http://abisource.com/developers/download.phtml#cvs

    cvs checkout abi

    cvs checkout zlib libpng expat wv libiconv
    cvs checkout abidistfiles unixfonts psiconv

    and if you are on windows you will also need

    cvs checkout nsis MSVC6

    Sincerely

    Alan Horkan
    http://advogato.com/person/AlanHorkan/