Re: Trying to start hacking AbiWord

From: Mark Gilbert (markgilbert@hotpop.com)
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 20:54:06 EDT

    On Sat, 2002-09-28 at 20:23, Martin Sevior wrote:

    > I urge you to work on this version.

    I urge you to work on STABLE. (-:

    Not only because of my position, but also because if something breaks in
    HEAD which is unrelated to your work and that prevents you from getting
    anything done for a given amount of time (days or weeks), it can prove a
    serious setback or delay. This happens infinitely more often in HEAD
    than in STABLE.

    I assume that as you first get started on abi you'll be working on
    bugfixes and trivial enhancements (I say trivial, but they really bring
    the app together), which would fit into stable better.

    Regards
    -MG, hoping his .02 USD helps