AbiWord income?

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 04:46:23 EDT

    Fellow AbiWord hackers, now long into my unemployment
    I've been thinking more and more about the idea of
    offering to fix bugs or add features to AbiWord on
    request in return for payment. Probably for things
    that would get little attention otherwise or forked
    one-off builds for controversial things.

    I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thought about it.
    But the easiest way to find people with such needs
    is through our mailing lists or offering services on
    the website - which to me sounds like bad form.
    Or maybe I should just keep it 100% separate in my
    own site.

    I'd really appreciate other people's ideas on this.
    I don't want to get rich off AbiWord but being able
    to get online or buy food would be pretty nice (:

    Apologies for even this email being too much like
    spam!

    Andrew Dunbar.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/translator.pl http://www.abisource.com