Re[2]: AbiWord@MinGW, Part II

From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 18:08:36 EDT

    On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Sinitsyn Valentine wrote:

    > All changes needed to compile AbiWord in MinGW environment are
    > mentioned in my previous letter (subject: "AbiWord@MinGW: compiled
    > successfully"). I've patched these files and attached patch to this
    > letter (mingw-patch.tar.gz). After applying it, compiling AbiWord on
    > Win32 is as simple as typing "cd /path/to/abi; make" :-). There are
    > some issues, however:

    I didn't find the attached patch. Can you please resend it to the list?

    > I've changed a path to libexpat.a in abidefs.mk. This affect all
    > platforms, not only MinGW and should be treated with caution. It seems
    > that expat library always put libexpat.a into .libs directory, but I'm
    > not sure.

    I'll see about fixing this. Hardcoding paths is bad, but there may be a
    work around.

    > 'make distribution also works fine and produces setup_abiword.exe, but
    > trying to install AbiWord using it causes a CRC error. I consider this
    > to be a bug of nsis and not a make system so I haven't fixed it.
    > If anyone would explain me what's happening there, I would greatly
    > appreciate it. :-)
    >
    > Regards,
    > Valentine

    This is definately an issue that has yet to be solved. NSIS builds
    require more care. There was an issue with the packaging of the
    executable code within the makensis.exe code to work. I think some
    special foo-magic flags need to be sent to set appropriately. I just
    don't know which ones.

    Cheers!

    Michael D. Pritchett