Re: Commit: 1427

From: Mark Gilbert (markgilbert@hotpop.com)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 01:39:09 EDT

    On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 14:28, Peter Lundqvist wrote:
    > On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    > > > Is this a common feature in word processors today?
    > > > If so I'm going to be soooo embarrased.
    > > To the best of my knowledge, this feature is an
    > > abiword innovation. We're the only one on the planet
    > > with it, AFAIK.
    >
    > This is not innovation. This is a not too small wonder!
    > Finally something that will whip users into line and maybee, just maybee,
    > stop them from wrecking havock with templates you've spent time creating
    > for them.
    >
    > *excited*

    Amen bro. Actually, LyX has a feature like meta-style-lock (in addition
    to the wysiwym nature of the proggy in general). I once used it to
    limit the styles (they weren't called styles, it's been a while since
    I've been lucky enough to use lyx) available to the type of document in
    use (naturally, because it only uses styles and not microformatting at
    all, as opposed to abi's feature, which limits to styles, from
    microformatting). So now my two favourite dtp/wp-related programs also
    allow me to foster my love of "bondage" (yes, EAZen, you heard me).
    What?! Don't gimme that look, rwerner said it first! *g*

    Regards
    -MG, hoping to be back in the game soon