win32 keyboard handler

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 02:11:27 EDT

    The win32 keyboard handler seems rather broken, it only handles
    keyboard shortcuts made of Ctrl+letter. I does not allow any
    shortcuts using Alt, including Alt+Ctrl, and it does not allow any
    shortucts formed Ctrl+symbol/number. This means that many of our
    default bindings do not work.

    There might be good reasons for leaving the handling of keys modified
    with Alt alone to the system, but we really need to be processing the
    Alt+Ctrl combinations, and need to be able to use not only letters
    but also symbols and numbers with both Ctrl and Alt+Ctrl -- many of
    these are standard Word shortcuts.

    Tomas